Have you ever been stuck in that rut where you know that salad is good for you but you dread prepping them?
They all started to look and taste the same.
If you ever get bored of the same ol', same ol', that is perfectly normal. Your body is designed to have variety because it requires a variety of nutrients to function.
Did you know that there are over nineteen vitamins and minerals in a one-ounce serving of pecans? That's more nutrients than some products contain in their multi-vitamins. Not to mention the amount of nutrients you get when you mix them with spinach, apples & chick-peas.
...and to top it off the Ginger-Peanut Dressing is so delicious. It even goes really well in a stir fry.
Ingredients for Salad:
- 4 cups of fresh spinach
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 cup chick peas
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/8 cup raw, shelled sunflower seed
- 1/8 cup raw pumpkin seeds
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place spinach in a large serving bowl, or separate them into four smal indavidual sized salad bowls.
- Top spinach with the remaining ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine all ingredients for the dressing - stir until peanut butter is dissolved.
- Drizzle the dressing over salad and enjoy.