We are on a mission to find healthy and quick breakfast ideas.
If you are anything like me, early mornings are the norm for a training athlete or a person who has shift work. Sometimes a little extra time in bed is all you really need to cope with the fact that you are out of bed before the sun rises.
I love making breakfast at 5 AM...said nobody ever. In that case, planning ahead of time is the key to making healthy food more convenient so you can hit the snooze button just one more time.
Take some extra time on an evening or weekend to make this recipe. Pre-package them into groups of two and place in your freezer for a quick and easy snack on the go.
This is what winning at life is all about.
Thanks to eatingbirdfood.com for this fantastic idea.
Chia Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- 1½ Tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chopped dates
- ¼ cup vegan dark chocolate chunks or carob chips
- 1 Tbsp creamy almond butter
- large pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chia seeds and almond milk and let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes, or until the chia seeds have created a nice gel-like consistency.
- Pour the chia seed gel into a medium sized mixing bowl and add in the mashed bananas, oats, coconut, almond butter and cinnamon until well combined.
- Gently stir in the dates and chocolate chunks.
- Scoop out dough (about 1-2 tablespoons worth) onto a baking stone or a greased cookie sheet and use a fork to press the dough down a little to make more of a cookie shape. You should get about 15 cookies.
- Place in oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookies have browned a tiny bit.
- Take them out, let cool and enjoy.
As a health coach my mission and purpose is to inspire lifelong positive changes for those who desire a transformation in health and life. If you like to speak with me for a FREE one-on-one session please take a few minutes to SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION HERE.