30-Day Challenge Module 19
- Read today's module on "How to Eat Healthy While Eating Out."
- Continue to log what you ate today, the portion sizes, and how you felt in your food log.
- Participate in your scheduled exercise routine. If you have yet to participate in today's feature video CLICK HERE.
How to Eat Healthy While Eating Out
Asking for what we need, especially in public, does not come easily for some of us. So asking for and getting what you want takes practice. A big challenge in eating out is finding and making good food choices. Often, a restaurant, dinner party, or event will not have exactly what you want. Be creative, stay committed, and do not worry if the situation is less than perfect. You will learn from every situation and be more prepared in the future.
Planning ahead is the secret to healthy eating when you eat out. Here are some hints:
- Call restaurants, or go to their websites to find out about healthy choices on the menu.
- Ask for what you want. A good restaurant will want to meet your needs; after all, you are paying for the meal. Be firm and friendly.
- Eat meals packed with nutrients during the day so that you don’t feel deprived and tempted to overeat or order something unhealthy when you eat out in the evening.
- Eat a small, healthy snack, or drink a large glass of water with lemon before you go out.
- Plan what to order before you get to the restaurant and order without looking at the menu.
- Do not drink alcohol before eating.
- For parties or dinner parties bring a healthy, nutritious dish to share with others.
- Focus on enjoying your family and/or friends in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Plan to go out with people who support your lifestyle.
As a Lifestyle Transformation Coach, my mission and purpose in life is to inspire and empower lifelong positive changes. We understand that making those changes can be difficult and that there is no shame in needing help. All of our 1-on-1 coaching clients receive exclusive access to our entire exercise video library, and can choose to participate in any of our 30-Day Challenges up to six times as part of their coaching package. If you would like to inquire about working with a coach take some time to COMPLETE THIS HEALTH ASSESSMENT.
All Rights Reserved. No part of this program may be reproduced or redistributed without permission in writing from the author.30-Day Challenge program does not make any recommendation of medical treatment or medication. No individual should undertake the 30-Day Challenge program or any of its regimens without first consulting and obtaining the informed approval of a licensed medical practitioner.