30-Day Challenge Module 23
- Read today's module and watch the video on "Will Losing Weight Really Make You Happy?"
- Continue to log what you ate today, the portion sizes and how you felt in your food log. Remember that you are to make at least three smoothie recipes for breakfast this week. If you would like to try our Blueberry Avocado Green Smoothie CLICK HERE.
- Participate in your choosen cardiovascular activity.
Will Losing Weight Really Make You Happy?
Have you heard of the latest "magical weight loss" supplement? Unfortunately, many of the products that are promoted this way don't actually work, and they have scammed millions of dollars from people online. Weight loss is among the top goals that people have. If that's you, be careful on how you will achieve these weight loss goals. Remember that there is no such thing as a magic pill formula that will achieve true health. The only thing that has been proven to work is a change in lifestyle, which includes daily physical activity and proper nutrition. Companies that scam people are feeding off their desire to be happy. Unfortunately, for many, happiness will be achieved by their ideal number on the scale. Is that you?
Take some time and ask yourself these 10 questions to see if you've been allowing your weight to determine your happiness.
1. Do you have a hard time letting yourself indulge on a small treat in the presence of a group of friends or colleagues?
2. Do you think more about the calorie content rather than the nutrient content of a food item?
3. When you see a reflection of yourself in the mirror are you often critical of what you see and are tempted to make changes to your appearance?
4. Have you left a perfectly good piece of clothing at the store because you felt it would look better on you after going down in size?
5. When exercising are you more concerned about the calorie expenditure rather than the countless other health benefits of that particular exercise?
6. Do you weigh yourself more than twice a month?
7. When you weigh yourself do you often feel unsatisfied with yourself when seeing the number on the scale?
8. Does the fear of being seen in a public place wearing a bathing suit keep you from enjoying your experience at a public swimming pool or the beach?
9. Does your weight restrict you from trying other fun activities like canoeing, amusement park rides, or driving a go-kart?
10. Do you believe losing weight will bring you more happiness in life?
If you answered yes to 5 or more of these questions you have an unhealthy preoccupation with your body weight, and you fit the profile that some of these weight loss scams are looking for. Answering yes to these questions also indicates that you have an over-occupation with your weight and that you allow your weight to determine your level of satisfaction with life and ultimately how happy you are.
Here are three keys to achieving success in any goals you might have for this year:
1. Be CONSISTENT.
Remember that Rome was not build in a day. Many weight loss scams feed off the hope that weight loss is quick and easy. Think back to how long it took you to gain the weight in the first place. Since success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out, the key to achieving your fitness or weight loss goals is consistency.
2. Be PERSISTENT.
A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but because of its persistence. Weight loss scammers are looking for those who believe they have tried everything and failed. I am almost convinced that many of the things they have already tried would have worked if they would have just kept it up longer.
3. Be RESILIENT.
There will be setbacks in every goal you try to achieve. Scammers often feed off people who feel discouraged by those setbacks. Resilience is a quality that allows some people to be knocked down by life and come back stronger than ever. Rather than letting failure overcome them and drain their resolve, they find a way to rise from the ashes.
In the following video I challenge you to think differently about the way you approach diet and weight loss. Many people, women in particular, are very critical of themselves, and that can get in the way of enjoying life. As a fitness instructor and personal trainer, I know what it's like to feel the pressure to look thin and gain respect as a professional in the industry. Not only did I realize that the way I felt about my own body was not healthy, but that many women put the same pressure on themselves when seeking my advice and assistance. This was in large part the inspiration behind this website, the 30-Day Challenge, and the Coaching Program.
As a Lifestyle Transformation Coach, my mission and purpose in life is to inspire and empower lifelong positive changes. We understand that making those changes can be difficult and that there is no shame in needing help. All of our 1-on-1 coaching clients receive exclusive access to our entire exercise video library, and can choose to participate in any of our 30-Day Challenges up to six times as part of their coaching package. If you would like to inquire about working with a coach take some time to COMPLETE THIS HEALTH ASSESSMENT.
All Rights Reserved. No part of this program may be reproduced or redistributed without permission in writing from the author.30-Day Challenge program does not make any recommendation of medical treatment or medication. No individual should undertake the 30-Day Challenge program or any of its regimens without first consulting and obtaining the informed approval of a licensed medical practitioner.