Module 3 & Pre-Detox Day 3
- Read Module 3 on the Five Ways You Can Assist the Detoxification Process
- Start to eliminate corn in your diet.
- Write in your journal
- Participate in Today’s Feature Yoga video on the Mind-Body Detox Part 3
Five Ways You Can Assist the Detoxification Process
Here are some simple, daily activities that you can and should incorporate into this program to better support your body’s daily detox processes.
These activities are designed to improve digestion, reduce food cravings, support glowing skin, promote a feeling of lightness, support better sleep, and sustain increased energy levels:
Hot Towel Scrub
Body scrubbing can be done anytime during the day, though most people find it easier to incorporate during a bath or shower time. All you need is hot water and a medium-sized cotton washcloth.
- Turn on the hot water (fill the sink if not taking a bath or shower).
- Hold the towel at both ends and place in the hot water.
- Wring out the towel.
- While the towel is still hot and steamy, begin to gently scrub the skin.
- Do one section of the body at a time: for example, begin with the hands and fingers and work your way up the arms to the shoulders, neck and face, then down to the chest, upper back, abdomen, lower back, buttocks, legs, feet and toes.
- Scrub until the skin becomes slightly pink or until each body part becomes warm.
- Reheat the towel often after scrubbing each section, or as soon as the towel starts to cool.
- Reduces muscle tension.
- Reenergizes in the morning and deeply relaxes at night.
- Opens the pores to release stored toxins.
- Softens deposits of hard fat below the skin and prepares them for discharge.
- Allows excess fat, mucus, cellulite and toxins to actively discharge to the surface rather than to accumulate around deeper vital organs.
- Relieves stress through the meditative action of rubbing the skin.
- Calms the mind.
- Promotes circulation.
- Activates the lymphatic system, especially when scrubbing underarms and groin.
- Can be a sacred moment in your day, especially if done with candlelight and a drop or two of essential oil, such as lavender.
- Creates a profound and loving relationship with the body, especially parts not often shown care; especially helpful for a person with body image problems.
Nourish Your Skin
During your detox you should be using natural soaps and skin/hair products whenever possible to avoid the absorption of additional toxins. Coconut Oil is also known as an all natural moisturizer. Use it as an overnight moisturizer, acne treatment, or for healing relief from skin irritation. Every night before bed apply virgin organic coconut oil topically by massaging onto your face with a circular motion.
Exercise aids in the release of toxins. Exercise is important for keeping the blood and lymphatic system flowing. Consistent exercise helps to relieve stress and toxicity by increasing blood flow to the brain. It also stimulates the nervous system and releases endorphins into the body.
Sweating is a key component of toxin release. Your exercise should include aerobic activities to best promote your cardiovascular health such as brisk walking, cycling, jumping rope, running or rebounding (mini trampoline).
Your goal is to drink ½ your weight in ounces of water every day. In other words, if you weighed 100 lbs, your goal would be to drink 50 ounces of water per day. Drinking adequate amounts of water is especially the key during a detox as it aids in the prevention of detox symptoms such as headaches and joint aches that may occur as your body is releasing toxins. Focus on flushing the toxins out of your body.
*Please don’t skip this step! If you tend to get muscle cramps, then add ¼ tsp of high quality sea salt to 20 ounces of water with 1 tsp raw honey or the juice of ½ grapefruit for an all-natural electrolyte.
Epsom Salt Baths
Add ½ cup of Epsom salt, ½ cup baking soda, and a few drops of lavender to a warm bath and soak for 30 minutes. Epsom salt relaxes the body, detoxifies the liver, and provides your body with the essential mineral magnesium, which is necessary for optimal relaxation, digestion, detox and overall health.
As a Lifestyle Transformation Coach, my mission and purpose in life is to inspire and empower lifelong positive changes. We understand that making those changes can be difficult and that there is no shame in needing help. All of our 1-on-1 coaching clients receive exclusive access to our entire exercise video library, and can choose to participate in any of our 30-Day Challenges up to six times as part of their coaching package. If you would like to inquire about working with a coach take some time to COMPLETE THIS HEALTH ASSESSMENT.
All Rights Reserved. No part of this program may be reproduced or redistributed without permission in writing from the author. The 30-Day Challenge program does not make any recommendation of medical treatment or medication. No individual should undertake the 30-Day Challenge program or any of its regimens without first consulting and obtaining the informed approval of a licensed medical practitioner.