Module 5 & Pre-Detox Day 5
- Read Module 5 on How to Properly Eliminate Wheat and Related Grains.
- Start to eliminate wheat and related grains on based on your detox level.
- Participate in Today’s Feature Yoga video Focusing on the Positive Part 2
- Download week 1 Meal Plan and compare it to your shopping list. If you wish to swap meals refer to the Recipe Guide, and made the appropriate adjustments to your Shopping List.
How to Properly Eliminate Wheat and Related Grains
We all metabolize carbohydrates differently. Some people thrive when not eating carbohydrates while others need them to feel sustained. As you now understand, finding the right dietary approach for you is a practice in repetition. It takes experimentation and patience to find out which foods work best with your body
You may include one added carbohydrate per day, if needed, on Level 1 and Level 2. Please be aware that to achieve the maximum benefit from the Detox and affect the most inflammation loss, grain-based carbohydrates should be avoided. But, you need to do your daily body check-in to ensure that you are not detoxing too fast. I do not want you feeling weak and deprived for 30 days. If you feel it necessary, please be sure to follow the rules I outline below AND use mindful portion control when consuming carbohydrates - about ½ cup or tennis ball is a serving size.
- They must be REAL, 100% whole OR sprouted grains. This means NOTHING refined, such as crackers, cakes, pretzels, bread or chips.
- Choose only gluten free grains. Gluten is a gut irritant and makes tiny lacerations in the intestinal wall; these partially undigested food particles (gluten) leak into the system and cause inflammation such as weight-gain, joint pain, acne, muscle aches, headaches and psoriasis and can lead to auto-immune disease. Any pain in the body is a sign of inflammation. If you choose to include an added carbohydrate, please be sure to choose from these low glycemic and gluten-free carbohydrate options whenever possible. This will allow you continued success on your Detox.
- Gluten free brown rice tortilla with ¼ cup of avocado, tomato slice, sea salt and black pepper
- Brown rice cake with pumpkin seed butter or sunflower seed butter and cinnamon
- Bowl buckwheat or millet with steamed vegetables
- Brown rice pasta with vegetables
Grain-free carbohydrate options:
- Sweet potato with cinnamon, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon coconut oil & 1 teaspoon raw honey.
- Banana with pumpkin or sunflower seed butter, raw cacao and coconut flakes.
- Red and white potatoes in very small quantities
If you are hungry within 2 hours of eating carbohydrates, it is most likely they do not agree with your body type and you should adjust accordingly.
Gluten Free Grains and Flours:
- Brown rice
- Wild rice
- Coconut – in all forms including flour
* Avoid the starches like corn, tapioca, potato, arrowroot.
As a Lifestyle Transformation Coach, my mission and purpose in life is to inspire and empower lifelong positive changes. We understand that making those changes can be difficult and that there is no shame in needing help. All of our 1-on-1 coaching clients receive exclusive access to our entire exercise video library, and can choose to participate in any of our 30-Day Challenges up to six times as part of their coaching package. If you would like to inquire about working with a coach take some time to COMPLETE THIS HEALTH ASSESSMENT.
All Rights Reserved. No part of this program may be reproduced or redistributed without permission in writing from the author. The 30-Day Challenge program does not make any recommendation of medical treatment or medication. No individual should undertake the 30-Day Challenge program or any of its regimens without first consulting and obtaining the informed approval of a licensed medical practitioner.