30-Day Challenge Module 6
- Read today's module on the "Five Tips for Mindful Eating."
- Log what you ate, the portion sizes, and how you felt in your food log.
- Feel free to share with the Facebook Group which Mindful Eating tip you plan on implementing.
- Participate in any cardiovascular activity of your choice for at least 20 minutes.
Five Tips for Mindful Eating
How you eat can be just as important as what you eat. We often sabotage our healthy eating goals by not being present with our food and being less mindful when we eat.
Here are five tips to help you:
- Spread your calories throughout the day. This will help keep you from getting too hungry and losing control. Eat 3 meals each day and let yourself have 1 or 2 healthy snacks.
- Don’t skip meals. Try to eat at the same time each day. Unlike restrictive diets, eating regular meals will keep you from getting too hungry and losing control.
- Eat slowly. Try pausing between bites. Put down your fork and take a break between bites. Drink water with meals and enjoy the taste of your food. Eating slowly will help you digest your food better, be more aware of what you are eating, and be more aware when you are full.
- Don’t worry about cleaning your plate. Serve yourself smaller portions to begin with and understand that the greatest waste of food is eating more than you want or need.
- Change your eating environment. Eat with others; do not eat while watching television or driving. Being distracted by anything else that can take your attention away from your meal can often lead to consuming more. When it is meal or snack time be purposeful in creating your atmosphere and let it be an experience.
As a Lifestyle Transformation Coach, my mission and purpose in life is to inspire and empower lifelong positive changes. We understand that making those changes can be difficult and that there is no shame in needing help. All of our 1-on-1 coaching clients receive exclusive access to our entire exercise video library, and can choose to participate in any of our 30-Day Challenges up to six times as part of their coaching package. If you would like to inquire about working with a coach take some time to COMPLETE THIS HEALTH ASSESSMENT.
All Rights Reserved. No part of this program may be reproduced or redistributed without permission in writing from the author. The 30-Day Challenge program does not make any recommendation of medical treatment or medication. No individual should undertake the 30-Day Challenge program or any of its regimens without first consulting and obtaining the informed approval of a licensed medical practitioner.