Raw Rainbow Noodles
By: Ruth-Anne Penner
A few short years ago when I thought of salad I thought of a dish that is mostly lettuce. The only variation I would add would be the combination of fruit, vegetables, and meat that I would throw into it. Over the last few years I've been thinking outside the box when it comes to salads and it has made salad eating and, believe it or not, salad preparing a whole lot more fun.
One other way to enjoy preparing salads is having the right tools. You will see in the instructions of this recipe to peel and shred the vegetables and apple using a mandolin. I saw this instruction on a previous recipe, and I just ignored it and cut the vegetables with a knife. Although the recipe tasted great the presentation did not match the picture.
Presentation is everything...especially if you want to take a picture of it and post it to your Facebook newsfeed bragging about what a great chef you are.
This time I decided to make the investment and order a mandolin. Adding this tool not only made a huge difference in the presentation of the meal but it took way less effort.
For more information visit cravingsomethinghealthy.com
Raw Rainbow Noodles
- 2 large orange carrots
- 2 large maroon carrots
- 1 medium parsnip
- 1 large sweet apple
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, about 2-inches long
- 3 scallions
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- Peel and shred the vegetables and apple using a mandolin or other shredding tool.
- Peel the ginger and shred about a tablespoon (or more or less to taste).
- Slice the scallions on the diagonal, into 2-inch pieces, and then slice each piece in half the long way.
- Place everything in a bowl, and toss with pecans to combine well.
- Mix together vinegar, syrup, olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat well. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to let flavors develop, and serve.
As a health coach my mission and purpose is to inspire lifelong positive changes for those who desire a transformation in health and life. If you like to speak with a me for a FREE one-on-one session please take a few minutes to COMPLETE THIS HEALTH ASSESSMENT.