By: Ruth-Anne Penner
There are many reasons why I love summer, and believe it or not one of those reasons is camping. I mean real camping, not the city folk version of camping where you drive out to the cottage and have access to running water & electricity. I mean pitching a tend and cooking your food over a campfire. Okay, so maybe I camp that way only because I cannot yet afford my own cottage. In the mean time here's a great recipe that won't make you feel you need to compromise your healthy eating on your camping trip.
What will really be impressive is if you can catch, gut and clean the salmon yourself...okay I can't quite say I did that with this one, but com'on I'm a city girl what do you expect?
Thanks to roadtrippers.com for the recipe.
Salmon with Herbs and Lemon
For this recipe, layer herbs, lemon, and dijon mustard on salmon in tin foil and place directly in the fire for a quick and easy gourmet dinner at the camp site.
- 4 salmon filets
- 8 slices of lemon
- 4 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 4 sprigs of dill
- 4 sprigs of tarragon
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- Olive Oil
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Tin foil
- Season salmon filets liberally with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Spread 1 tbsp. of dijon mustard on the tops of each salmon filets
- Layer 2 lemon slices, a sprig of tarragon and dill, a few slices of shallot, 1 tbsp. of butter, and some garlic on each salmon filet. Splash the tops of the filets with a big gulp of olive oil
- Wrap salmon filets individually in tin foil
- Put tin foil wrapped salmon directly in fire
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until fish is cooked.
As a health coach my mission and purpose is to inspire lifelong positive changes for those who desire a transformation in health and life. If you like to speak with me for a FREE one-on-one session please take a few minutes to COMPLETE THIS HEALTH ASSESSMENT.