I love attending the potlucks that my triathlon club puts on. When it comes to the food I know that there will be options for me because I am not the only health conscious person there.
For myself, this year was not a productive training year, and therefore I did not compete in any events. After reconnecting with the team, and hearing everyone's amazing stories, and race reports I definitely realized how much I missed it.
Thanks to Heather, who is also known as the Vegan Vet, who made these delicious Vegan, and Gluten Free Rolo Knockoffs. You can find the original recipe at ohsheglows.com It only has 5 ingredients and is super simple to make.
Yield: 18 bites
- 200 grams pitted soft Medjool dates (about 11 large)
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter (or other nut or seed butter)
- pinch of fine grain sea salt
- scant 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- chia seeds (optional)
1. Process dates with nut/seed butter until a sticky paste forms.
2. Chill date mixture in freezer for 10 minutes, then shape into about 18 small balls.
3. Freeze balls again for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, melt chocolate with coconut oil.
4. Dunk each chilled ball into chocolate. Tap off excess. Sprinkle with chia and stick with toothpick.
5. Place bites back into the freezer for at least 20 minutes to set. Bites taste best when they are firm and cold, straight from the freezer. They soften at room temp, but do not melt.